Maine Bluegrass Tradition
Click here for local festival calendar (NHPR)
The following is from Blistered Fingers recent email blast:
Greg and Sandy Cormier
263 Trafton Rd
Waterville, Maine 04901
After 53 festivals in 29 years, this is a first! It is with a broken heart and much disappointment that we have decided to cancel the 2020 June Blistered Fingers Bluegrass Festival. We know the high risk of the effects of the Covid-19 virus. The uncertainty of large gatherings even being allowed it is truly wise that we cancel. The health and safety of our supporters, performers, vendors, and our staff is very important to us. We are still in hopes that we will have the August 27-30, 2020 Blistered Fingers Festival- please keep checking the website for updates.
For the folks that have already purchased your tickets:
1) You can pay the difference and put it towards your August 2020 ticket.
2) You can keep your ticket and we will honor it for the June 2021 Blistered Fingers Festival. NO Matter what the price increase will be.
3) You can receive a refund or choose as many of you have already asked to donate to help cover our expenses that have already occurred. We would greatly appreciate it. Please send us an email to email@example.com and put Tickets in Subject. To let us know what you would like to do. We will miss seeing you, but this is only a small sacrifice for the safety to all. Thank you for all the years of support and we look forward to seeing you August 27-30, 2020. Please stay safe, keep smiling and your toes tapping!
Love, Greg, Sandy & the Blistered Fingers Staff
Thomas Point Beach Maine Bluegrass Festival
- SAM BUSH
- The DEL McCOURY BAND
- STEEP CANYON RANGERS
- SHAWN CAMP & FRIENDS
- The GIBSON BROTHERS
- The PO’ RAMBLIN’ BOYS
- JOE MULLINS & The RADIO RAMBLERS
- MICHAEL CLEVELAND & FLAMEKEEPER
- CHRIS JONES & The NIGHT DRIVERS
- CAROLINA BLUE
- The BECKY BULLER BAND
- HENHOUSE PROWLERS
- ALAN BIBEY & GRASSTOWNE
- WILLIAMSON BRANCH
- HIGH FIDELITY
- TWISTED PINE
- The RUTA BEGGARS
- BLUEGRASS UNIT
- BACK WOODS ROAD
- LEROY TROY & The TENNESSEE MAFIA JUG BAND
From the TPB website:
Posted by Michael Mulligan on April 13, 2020
We are all certainly feeling the anxiety and uncertainty of these unprecedented times. Rest assured that as of right now we are still planning on holding the Thomas Point Beach Bluegrass Festival on Labor Day weekend just as we have for 40 years.
Because of this, we currently have no changes planned for the festival or refund policy. We are closely monitoring recommendations and guide-lines put forth by local, state, and federal authorities, and this information will help to guide decisions we make moving forward. Please note, as always, our line-up and schedule are subject to change.
We sincerely hope to be welcoming you all home on Labor Day weekend! Please continue to monitor our Facebook Page and website for updates as they become available.
Mike, Jen, Shari, and the Thomas Point Beach Bluegrass Team
One Longfellow Square
Check out One Longfellow Square for bluegrass shows.
Blizzard Bob has been a mainstay of Maine bluegrass for many years. I can remember listening to his show on WMPG back in the late 90s, before I hardly played at all. I would tape the program, then just about wear out the tape listening to it for the following week. Occasionally I would get a chance to play the show at work (when I was manning the radio). I’d be willing to bet there are many folks out there that got their start listening to Bob. Thanks, Bob.